Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if it's dying I'm assuming it will turn yellow and brown. They are pretty hard to kill though. Also they are very slow growers. Mine only puts out a new leaf about once a month or so. I'm sure one little tear in a leaf won't hurt it

Well if it's dying I'm assuming it will turn yellow and brown. They are pretty hard to kill though. Also they are very slow growers. Mine only puts out a new leaf about once a month or so. I'm sure one little tear in a leaf won't hurt it
okay sweet yeah mines a nice deep green (I have a post with pics) and yeah I know it's a slow grower, I was gonna buy java ferns but anubias is WAY prettier

Yes, I love my anubias :) I really want to do a planted shrimp bowl with some anubias nana petite.

Anubias Nana are difficult to maintain. They struggle unless you have a great balance of liquid ferts. In my Discus tank, my Anubias are attached to drift wood with clear fishing line. After 90 days, I remove the line and give the plant and DW in a vat of liquid ferts with a high iron content. This causes the plant to sprout a lot of roots, which aid in the plant's being able to absorb more nutrients from the water column. I usually get a new leaf every two weeks or so. When I get a lot of new growth, I separate the plant into two halves and do the liquid fert bath again and so on and so on. In about a year. I had a sea of anubia covering the bottom of the tank......BEAUTIFUL!

Anubias Nana are difficult to maintain. They struggle unless you have a great balance of liquid ferts. In my Discus tank, my Anubias are attached to drift wood with clear fishing line. After 90 days, I remove the line and give the plant and DW in a vat of liquid ferts with a high iron content. This causes the plant to sprout a lot of roots, which aid in the plant's being able to absorb more nutrients from the water column. I usually get a new leaf every two weeks or so. When I get a lot of new growth, I separate the plant into two halves and do the liquid fert bath again and so on and so on. In about a year. I had a sea of anubia covering the bottom of the tank......BEAUTIFUL!
what liquid fert do you use, you should make a "how to" on your process

Wow. Everything I've ever heard about anubias was how easy they were to take care of! I feel like my world has been turned upside down o.o

I got my fert recipe from Rivercats. It has been the cat's meow for my planted tank. If you see my recently posted album, you can see what I have in my tank. Rivercats recommends a combination of micro and macro ferts, in addition to root tabs in the substrate. The ferts are: MICRO / CSM+B, 20 ml of EXCEL(@1ML per 10 gallons) and MACRO A/ K2S04, KHP04, 20ml of EXCEL per 10 gallons and MACRO B/ KN03 and 20ml EXCEL per 10 gallons. PM Rivercats and she sill advise on what is recommended for you.
D

I got my fert recipe from Rivercats. It has been the cat's meow for my planted tank. If you see my recently posted album, you can see what I have in my tank. Rivercats recommends a combination of micro and macro ferts, in addition to root tabs in the substrate. The ferts are: MICRO / CSM+B, 20 ml of EXCEL(@1ML per 10 gallons) and MACRO A/ K2S04, KHP04, 20ml of EXCEL per 10 gallons and MACRO B/ KN03 and 20ml EXCEL per 10 gallons. PM Rivercats and she sill advise on what is recommended for you. D
thanks so much! I'll go check your albums as soon as I get home from class!!!

Back
Top Bottom