Any 5g full kits that people actually like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threnjen

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know everyone hates the pre-made kits, but I want to put a 5g on my bathroom counter, and some of the 5g kits with the filter in the hood are at least attractive as a countertop piece. I like the decorative look of an all-in-one like the Eclipse 5g Hexagon. But do they all totally suck? Are there any that are worth a dang?

I actually like my eclipse.. You can put a good cfl in for plants.. The filter is not all bad, I'd like to think the bio wheel helps! Be perfect for some shrimpies and scarlet badis or cpd's! I use it as a qt..

I had a 5 gal Chi that I really liked; wouldn't put anything in there other than a betta and/or shrimps though due to the dimensions. I had a betta in there and he seemed to enjoy it.

Fluval Spec series is really good from everything I've seen. Don't have one myself yet though, but will be getting a pair of the 5g. Fluval also has a 4g one, view I think.

Perfect Thanks guys, this gives me a few tanks to check out.

Not planning much for it don't worry, probably just a shrimp tank.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I started with 2 RCS and now I have over 50. I can't do anything with them. My gf won't let me sell them, feed them to baby's to my fish or put a betta in the tank because it will eat the babies. They are just multiplying lol.

Back
Top Bottom