Any Betta Experts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am wondering if anyone can tell me what type of betta I just got for free from Petco cause was in the wrong tank. My Petco is great lolImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417839562.350153.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417839577.131843.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417839592.510670.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417839605.449846.jpg

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Male(no egg spot)and about 10 weeks old. I like to know what kind :)

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Might be too young still for the egg spot but has more female shape than male. It's origin is Cambodian variety but now they are so mixed that it has multiple color forms as part of it's make up. It appears to just be a plain old Betta splenden, gender unknown at this point.

Hope this helps (y)

I've seen them on week old fry(used to breed Bettas) just veil tailed and crown. But we will see ;) in a week.

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

I've seen them on week old fry(used to breed Bettas) just veil tailed and crown. But we will see ;) in a week.

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

You sure they were egg spots? 1 week old fry seem awfully young to be having eggs when they don;t start breeding until about 2-3 months of age. Either way, this fish may have come to the store soon after being bred which could also explain why no egg spot.
Another way to confirm gender would be if this fish blows a nest. If it's healthy, and male, it should do that. Good luck (y)

I have had females blow nest too but we will see :). To young to be bred about 1/4 inch long.

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Back
Top Bottom