Any catfish experts?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stevy89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys!

I've never had this problem before and I need help.

I have 2 hybrid synos in my 125. One is 12" and the other is 14" and both are of the same kind. I got them both when they were less than an inch long and it's been almost 8 years now.

12" syno is very slender while the other is bulky. Possibly a male and a female?

My bulky syno got this big stomach all of a sudden. It's not bloated but big. At first I thought it was big because it had eaten a lot. (These guys are greedy as hell) I was expecting it to go down but it hasn't and it's been a couple of days now. I didn't see this cat eat in a while too. This cat was the king of the tank and was always bullying the other and now the roles have changed. The only difference is that this big one is constantly getting bullied by the other cat. It even has bite marks on it's body and hangs around near the surface a lot because of the constant bullying by the slender (possibly male) syno.

I really don't know whats going on. It has nothing to do with the water parameters though. Anyone has any ideas?

Maybe parasites or I would say that it is bloated.. I know you said it hasn't went down but maybe it's eating after lights out and you aren't seeing it? Many times they eat until they can hardly move and he might not be able to pass it. You could try to put some green peas in the tank and see if it can pass it or something.

Back
Top Bottom