Any chinese speakers here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright I know this is wayyyyy off topic but this community always seems to have answers for me. I am interested in getting a tattoo. The word I want tattooed is benevolence which means the willingness to be kind to others. I was wondering if anyone could give me the Mandarin symbol for benevolence. I found it online but I'm not 100% sure if it is right and I really don't want to look stupid for the rest of my life. I love the word but it is way too long to get tattooed on my forearm or bicep. Also if anyone else has any input that would be appreciated, thank you :)

Don't get one if you are asking for suggestions..."if" that what you are asking about.

Now... Have you ever seen a Chinese person have an English word tattooed on them? Think about that for a second.

image18.jpeg

I'd get a tattoo of an oreo cookie riding a hot dog off into the sunset... but that's just me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, it just looks ridiculous to see random words in English tattooed on people IMO. A Chinese girl who works for me feels the same about Chinese symbols.

I agree, if you have to ask what to get, don't get one. I wanted one once... Really glad I didn't go through with it. I just wanted one to be cool. Nothing against tattoos, I just have no desire for one now that I'm a working adult and parent.

Why do you suggest I don't get it? And what would you suggest as an alternate.

Well, since you asked....I say go for this one if Brookster is okay with it.

I'd get a tattoo of an oreo cookie riding a hot dog off into the sunset... but that's just me.

Okay, reason being is that ""you"" want to be the person that gets something you like or has meaning to you. Why get something someone "else" suggest? If that is the case see what I wrote above and go for it. The old saying that the ink will be forever with you is not true now with laser, but still. Do you really want to have it remove & pay the money for it.

Like the young 18yrs who knows it all....John & I will forever be together forever & ever. I will marry him and have 2.5 kids etc etc. I will get a tattoo of his name either on my neck, hOOters, wrist cause we are so in love. Few weeks later, John is with someone else. Now that person is stuck with a name of an ex.

If you do get ink on your body make sure it's in a place that can be cover. Back, Chest etc. You dont want to lose a good paying job (career) cause the other guys didnt have any ink on his body & you did.

You guys might actually be right...

There is no right or wrong....Opinions are like "BLANK" Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks."

I used to be in the military and wanted one when I was young. I am sooo glad that I never got one. Most people that I know that did regret it.

I've got 13 now and still working on more. My girl has 26. Each one has a meaning to it and I have never regretted doing it, nor will I ever regret any of the rest I choose. For example, I have (wip) my family crest on about half my back because my heritage is very important and I'm **** proud of where I came from. My father passed a few years ago and I have a replica of his badge (retired 35 years from the fire service, we are 30 miles from 9/11 and he spent some time there on a relief crew) and the most important person in my life. I've got the letters I R Y on my right forearm. I told every member of my family, I Remember You before I left for the Persian Gulf in 91, not knowing if I'd ever make it back. That's just a few of mine, but something that's a part of me I'll never forget. Point is, each one has it's own meaning. Not something I randomly decided like "Oh, won't that look cool".

Yes that's how I am. The world benevolence just really means a lot to me. I can't explain it to anyone you know? It just does. And those all sound really cool, care to post a pic?

Treemanone love your tattoo :) i have 17 and my hubby has 27 a lot of ours mean something. So if your serious about getting a tattoo think carefully what you want and one that means something is always better! Only you can make that decision ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom