Any Electric Blue Dempsey Holders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zapero

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have any Electric Blue Jacks that they are breeding or have a spawn? I am currently looking to get some but they are hard to come by around here. Prob the same as everywhere else.

I have a 90 Gallon Tank and am looking to get 2 or 3 EBJD's and grow them. I figure getting 3 gives me better chances of one surviving.

Thanks.

Ya that is what I was looking into. I think I might have to go that route. It just seems weird ordering fish in the mail. Ha are they just as good as the ones from your LFS?

I had my local fish store order me one, I just got him today. I was a little unimpressed when his fins look like they had been nibbled on!

How is the colors? Do you have any pictures? Are you planning on breeding or what are your plans?

I have a couple of pics that I can post...

Personally I like his colors, he is a mix if blue and green and yellow...I think he will be very handsome when fully grown.(if it is a boy haha, not sure of gender)

And as of right now I just want him as a pet, a centerpiece for my 75. Maybe in the future I will try to breed. From what I have read ebjd under 3" are difficult to keep as they are very fragile.

ya that is the word i hear as well. The ones im looking to order are about 3" already! Which is a plus I guess.

I am so ready and excited to get this project underway. I just need a my bacteria cycle to get its move on.

Here is a couple of pics

Attachments

• image-833625636.jpg
    image-833625636.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2902780733.jpg
    image-2902780733.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 90
Nice hopefully it grows to be strong and healthy. You will have to keep me updated on its progress...

EBJD's are perhaps on of my favorite fish.

I was told my guy was over the 3" mark but is is only 1.5-2"

Hope you have better luck!

Congrats on your new fish. :)

I don't have experience breeding them, but I recently re-homed my Oscar and got EBJD's.

Attachments

• jds.jpg
    jds.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 84
I can't believe that little freckled dude on the first page grows up to be that incredible blue color. They sure are a gorgeous species.

img_1649257_0_2d44d8879649fccb0eca9842c94fbad1.jpg

So I am currently in my cycle process. I had put two big convicts in the tank and as of yesterday I had a spike in ammonia to .50 so I took them out tonight and re homed them so they would not die. My Nitrites and Nitrates are at 0ppm. How long and now that the tank is empty of fish what is my next step?

Please advise.

Back
Top Bottom