Any helpful tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricleeV

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Freshwater planted tank. What else can I do to enrich my fishes habitat.

Attachments

• image-44388875.jpg
    image-44388875.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 95
Wellllll, personally I d add more plants & a background.
And do you test the water & do water changes?

Wellllll, personally I d add more plants & a background.
And do you test the water & do water changes?

More plants Is a good idea.i have a complete testing kit and change 25% every 2 months. What kind of background ?

You should change at least 25% every week, or twice a week.

I would get rid of the fake decor and replace it with driftwood and or rock. Take the bubbler out also. A black or dark blue background will really help things pop, too. You can paint the back of the tank, buy a background from the local fish store, or take a plastic thrash bag to the back.

Lastly, you should get WAY more plants.

HTH :)

More plants Is a good idea.i have a complete testing kit and change 25% every 2 months. What kind of background ?

What size is the tank? What's your stock?

Also 25% every 2 months doesn't sound like enough. I do 25% a week on all my tanks if not more often

I would add a lot plants and maybe some caves for the fish

Have to agree with the weekly WC s. When you test, what are your readings?

Well, first off, add a bit more plants. Do you have any bottom feeders? If you Don`t, I would suggest getting some Cory cat fish

It really is up to you, and what you think of it, your the one who has to look at it. I personnaly think it looks pretty good, although I never liked planted/ or he heavily planted tanks. I also agree with more water changes, your ammonia and other toxins can get to bad levels in 2 months. And is that a goldfish on the left side?

Very helpful tips.i meant 25% twice a month. My bad. I love my fish and I really admire all of the member tanks. My tank is the show piece of the house and I take great pride in it. Only had one fish die and I've had these little guys for 1 year and a half. 5 tiger barbs , 3 cherry barbs , and 2 Goldie's. had 5 ghost shrimp and my barbs ate them like no other.

Well, first off, add a bit more plants. Do you have any bottom feeders? If you Don`t, I would suggest getting some Cory cat fish

No bottom feeders my barbs are the last one I put in there. They are rather vicious.

It really is up to you, and what you think of it, your the one who has to look at it. I personnaly think it looks pretty good, although I never liked planted/ or he heavily planted tanks. I also agree with more water changes, your ammonia and other toxins can get to bad levels in 2 months. And is that a goldfish on the left side?
Yes I have 2.

You should change at least 25% every week, or twice a week.

I would get rid of the fake decor and replace it with driftwood and or rock. Take the bubbler out also. A black or dark blue background will really help things pop, too. You can paint the back of the tank, buy a background from the local fish store, or take a plastic thrash bag to the back.

Lastly, you should get WAY more plants.

HTH :)

I like the black background idea. Definitely going to go for that.

goldfish are suppose to live in coldwater and the rest of your fish are suppose to live in tropical warmer water

I have been told that. I have the tank at 74. These 2 were my first fish I purchased. So far they have been thriving. They might not even be gold fish I can't remember the exact name.

A few plants whether they are fake or real and a piece of driftwood

Back
Top Bottom