any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShannonFaas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Trying to figure out what is growing in our tank...can anyone identify these?
26663-albums783-picture5384.jpg

Looks like bubble algae to me. It is a sign of excess nutrients in the tank. Cut back on feeding as that is usually the main problem, overfeeding. Remove what you can with a tweezer, but be careful not to bust the bubbles as the will just release spores (I think that's what they are called)which will allow the algae to reproduce.

yea, looks like green bubble algae to me, yea reduce feedings...emerald crabs are suppose to be one of the few things that eats it... i had a lil bit on some LR i got and i have not seen it since i added my emeralds and that was months ago

Thanks all for the help...I did partially lift the rock out and scraped all the algae off...that is the only spot I think I had..we have a nitrate issue in the tank and then the fish all came down with Ich when we put the LR in...now in QT and not really feeding the main tank...once every 2 days..and just a little bit for our inverts...nitrates are down to 40 from over 160 and things are looking up. Fish are finally aclimating to the QT and eating again...Found a stone crab in the main the other day, just added a new piece of LR...must have hitch hiked on that one...awesome find!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom