Any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owp

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 25l tank and have 4 neon tetras and 4 male guppies. I feed the guppies with flakes but the neon tetras aren’t surface feeders so I feed them sinking pellets however even though the pellets are small most of them can’t fit them in their mouth. Does anyone have any ideas for good pellets for tetras. I’m from the uk so I won’t be able to get products from anywhere else.

Ok will it not just go into powder then though lol

Bug Bites Tropical formula, slow sinking micro granules. Net WT 1.6 oz (45 g).
Granule size: 0.7-1 mm. For small to medium tropical fish.

Link to Bug Bites

Attachments

• BBTropicalFormula_800x.jpg
    BBTropicalFormula_800x.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 48
Just soak any smaller pellet you get in a little bowl with the tank water, they will soften up. I pinch them to break them up as I drop them into the tank. It helps the little guys.

My tetras are really persistent in eating food. They will eat it, spit it out, and eat it again until they tear a piece off. It's really funny to watch!

Bug Bites Tropical formula, slow sinking micro granules. Net WT 1.6 oz (45 g).

Granule size: 0.7-1 mm. For small to medium tropical fish.

Link to Bug Bites

I now have some hikari micro pellets, they can all now fit them into their mouth but the guppies still seem to get more food and the neon tetras get less but I don’t want to over feed the guppies but I want to make sure that the neon tetras eat enough though. What should I do

When you are feeding flakes if you hold them under water for a few seconds before letting them go they will immediately start sinking so the neons will have an equal chance at them. I'm surprised they don't come to the surface though... If the guppies get a little bit more food than the neons I'm sure it'll be ok as long as the neons are getting some of it.

I feed terta pro colour to all my smaller fish and they love it. I just crumble some in my fingers before adding it to the tanks to make sure they can fit it in their mouths. Even my dwarf pencilfish love it and their mouths are tiny.

Here's a link www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/tetra-pro-colour-tropical-fish-food-47gm

Thankyou but I now have some micro pellets which the fish all like I was just worried about how much food the guppies were getting compared to the tetras.

Back
Top Bottom