Any One Know Nanochromis dimidiatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have any information on this fish? I cant find much. I cant even find a common name or anything.

img_1616378_0_988458847f0fcf1593144995cf136ef3.jpg

img_1616378_1_78d457d8a81f76bcfbaa0fdc9be0305c.jpg

img_1616378_2_4545cb81b4c60c5d8dbb8bf9d19d92a4.jpg

I was told its very rare and hasnt been in the hobby for 30+ years I plan on breeding them to get them out there.

There is of course, no common name, as is the case for the majority of cichlids. the fact that it comes from the Congo would make them difficult to acquire from the wild these days (actually anything from the Congo). Dr. Anton Laboj is the man on West African cichlids, and his book may have some info on the genus if not the species. I would work from the angle that their care would be similar to the Nanochromis species in the above links.

There is of course, no common name, as is the case for the majority of cichlids. the fact that it comes from the Congo would make them difficult to acquire from the wild these days (actually anything from the Congo). Dr. Anton Laboj is the man on West African cichlids, and his book may have some info on the genus if not the species. I would work from the angle that their care would be similar to the Nanochromis species in the above links.

Yeah they are wild caught from the Congo and are doing very well.

Back
Top Bottom