Any peaceful sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 30 gallon with this current stock:

6 Lemon Tetra
4 Cories
2 Blue Rams

I was looking around for a centerpiece fish and was thinking a pearl gourami. But then I seen quite a few sharks/catfish at my LFS. I was wondering if there are any peaceful ones that can live in a community in a 30 gallon tank?

- I plan to add an oto or two to help maintain algae in the future if that matters.

Thanks so much for replies!

I have a Picktus catfish and a Rainbow shark in my community tank. They're both about 5". Everyone gets along fine. But you have to be sure to have a cave or some place for them to hide. I have a cave on both sides of the tank so both fish have their own space.

I've had an albino rainbow shark in my community aquarium without any problems

Red tails and rainbow sharks are pretty territorial and pictus cats would eat the other fish.

I'm getting two different sides here! Haha. Would a 30 be to small for a red tail ?

i agree with betta owner. red tails can get to 6" and i dont think a 30 would be big enough to let him have his own territory. hed probably get aggressive as he got bigger.

Yeah, ideally red tails should be in a 50+ gal with tankmates. I'd also agree with bettaowner that you won't really find any shark options for a 30g.

Betta, they may be territorial, but I have never had an issue with any redtails ever. This is one is fully grown and has never looked at another tankmate the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom