Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidbreeder321

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a red devil,jaguar,jd,apple snail,placo and my rd is picking on the jaguar and beating up the jd(bit a piece of its dorsal fin)and was wondering if i got ride if the jd and jaguar what would get along and stay peaceful with my red devil?

My suggestion would be to pick your favorite fish and rehome the rest... otherwise, you're going to eventually end up with one fish, and it may not be your favorite... or get a 150g+ tank

Ya that what i was thinking about i wanted to keep the red devil and was wonder what would get along with it?

I'm not all that familiar with most of the central american fish, but I can just about bet that if a 55 is big enough for a red devil, a red devil is the only fish you can keep in it. You've got fish that all need huge tanks and really don't get along with each other.

Ya i have noticed because there already showing aggresion as juvinals and also i heard that convicts get along with red devils pretty well

Exactly i have done alot of learning and its not a 30g anymore it 55g and was planning on only haveing a few fish so

The good part is that it seems as though you're willing to do what you need to make things right. I think we can all agree that sometimes it's easier to learn from mistakes than to take others advice.

Ya but hukit isnt trying to give advice he is trying to bring up old post for some reason and its a totally set up now and i could use advice

Alright I couldn't resist a little teasing, but in all honesty I keep alot of large SA/CA fish and careful thought and consideration must be taken. As you can see they can get rough very quickly even as juvies, imagine what a 16" jag could do. I have jags, red terrors, tricmacs and oscars and none can coexist in the same tank, even with my large tanks. They are large, aggressive and extremely territorial. When stocking tanks for the big southern boys there must be say least two breaks in the line of sight which a 55g is hard to do. So my honest and best advice is pick one fish, rehome the rest and concentrate on taking the besig care possible. The cool thing about one fish it's like a water dog where it's entire world is YOU, with no other distractions. Each one of those fish has personality so choose your favorite before one of kills the one you may have wanted to keep. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
I have a adult pair of RD JD 8 oscars 5 butti and 3 convict in my big tank and I don't have no problem other then my buttis fights each other sometime.

Any fish can have aggression issue that doesn't mean all RD or all jaguars are same!
I buy and sell fish so I do come by fish that shouldn't be aggressive turns out this fish is extremely aggressive and some should be aggressive to the max then they act mild.

+1 @ HUKIT.

You were advised against that set up in the 2-4 threads you posted about the same tank/ fish. Now a couple weeks down the line the issues that you were warned about is starting to happen. Like HUKIT suggested re home all but the 1 fish you'd like to keep, just my .02.

HUKIT said:
Not to interrupt this thread but what size is your "big tank"?

It's a 100gallon tank but I buy and sell fish along side my breeding project so these fish don't stay with me for long. plus have 7 more tank which has my breeding pairs in it. Those fish that I mentioned been in that tank for last three weeks without any problem.

Well just got ride of my jaguar and added two convicts and its working great and probly in a few weeks in going to get ride of my jd so i only have two convicts and one red devil in my 55g thanks for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom