Any super low light plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-Alex24-

Aquarium Advice Activist
about 1 year+ i got a marineland 20 gallon starter kit with led, the led is so horrable every plant that goes in the tank dies so i have to have plastic plants and i want to set up a planted aquarium (I dont have enough $ for a T5HO lights). so if u know of a super low light plants that barely need light to thrive. PS: My gupps are breeding so i need a hiding place (they dont survive in many of mine fake plants). so please help me! i need a baby shelter ASAP!

:thanks: very much

Some if the plants they sell at big box stores are not true aquatic plants, therefor they'll die/melt after a short while under water..

so Java Fern, Anubias, and Guppy grass grows/thrives with any light even very weak on and with out CO2?

And no i got aquatic plants - they were fully submersed at the fish store

I've never kept guppy grass so I don't know about that. Anubias and java fern will survive pretty much any conditions though. My anubias survived over a week with zero light at all- I was on vacation and my light burned out.

ok ill try to get those - i searched for them on google images - after all they are gorgeous us.

:thanks: VERY MUCH!!!!

i appreciate your help

so is that Anubias "cofeefolia", Anubias Lanceolota, Anubias Nana, or Anubias "nangi"?
cuz if i go on an online store it gives me a huge selection of Anubias

I think any of the anubias versions are fine... Dont plant them, just attach them to driftwood or rocks with roots exposed. I also love water sprite for low light. You can plant it, but you can leave it float close to the lights to give it a liitle boost in the beginning.

but what about cryptocoryne wendtii on the website it says that it is a low-high plant, it looks good but could it grow in the "lil' ugly" (my 20 gallon long)? How about Ammania Gracilis or Cardimine Lyrata or Brazilian Pennywort?

Slightly smaller than the 8.5" version, here's a pic of a pair of 5.5" clamp lights paired with 13w 6500k bulbs. From Lowes...$20-$25. Please ignore the algae; it is a grow out / "not sure what to do with these plants" 6.6g tank.

OFKlUZV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom