Anybody watch tanked tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
glassbird said:
I for one would like to see MUCH less of the fake drama and hystrionics. The whole "oops, we made the access openings at the top of the shark tank too small, so now we have to put the shrieking woman inside to place the decorations" charade was a joke. Enhanced by someone making the colossal "mistake" of putting 20 sharks in the tank a day earlier than they were supposed to. PLEASE!

They must have a non-chunky kid on their staff that normally does that type of work. But apparently the TV-viewing public needs to be fed stereotypes to be entertained. I was further bored by the whole "you must find a way to spend more time with your family" routine. I hope they drop that, or I will be fast-forwarding thru it.

Amen! Especially the ridiculous "interviews" they do with the cast. All that is poorly acted useless information. I wish this was on the discovery channel

Do what the rest of us do, ignore the bogus crap and pay attention to the wonderful tank ideas and fish. The one thing I cant grasp is why EVERY tank has fake coral inserts....cmon

huma-huma said:
Do what the rest of us do, ignore the bogus crap and pay attention to the wonderful tank ideas and fish. The one thing I cant grasp is why EVERY tank has fake coral inserts....cmon

Their clients are not smart enough to setup their own aquariums.... How are they going to be able to take care of coral? Remember, these people are paying someone a whole lot more than they should to setup everything and do the maintenance.

Thats exactly the point. These customers are obviously not strapped for cash... So why spend 20,30,40 grand on a setup and go with corals??

Um, so far as I've seen, it's not once been live coral, it's artificial inserts manufactured by the guy in the hat.

Corals need someone who knows what they're doing to look over them. If it dies, then everything dies, which will look bad. If a fish dies, it will be easily notice and can be removed easily. Not the same with coral. These people just want something that you feed and that's it.

Typpical, gotta have something fancy that doesnt require constant brain power... Tht takes the true fun out of the hobby

I know which is why I got all of my stuff new from the store instead of buying a pre built tank with everything from craigslist. I love doing it all by myself lol

To each there own as far as setups are concerned. This show really was not designed for the typical hobbyist like most of us here who do our homework and research on these animals and our much smaller scale systems. I'm not a huge fan of it, from all that the show portrays to us. There may be more behind the scenes than what is provided. It's a money making business and these people just have had the time money and resources to invest in it. Who knows they may recommend someone who does large system maintenance on tanks such as they build as a help to one anothers business. It's all hard to say. I guess what I'm getting at is that this show is pretty much showing people unique and large aquariums, and not information on setting up caring and long term maintaining of a reef aquarium or any other type set up for that matter like most hobbyists would like to see. But honestly if we want info we can find anything on the Internet and through books. I'd rather talk to someone who's knowledgable on all aspects of the setups we all care for and maintain. There is a lot of good and bad out there, facts and opinions it's just a matter of what we tend to believe from one another. This hobby is constantly evolving with great things, trial and error but it's how we learn. Who knows maybe someone will put out a show that's more designed for the novice through advanced aquarium owner. We will have to wait and see. But I agree it should be through the discovery channel. Sorry for the rant everyone lol.

I love how the woman carried the ladder like it weighed 200lbs. Why doesn't her husband be a man and carry it or feed the fish

ilostnemo said:
I love how the woman carried the ladder like it weighed 200lbs. Why doesn't her husband be a man and carry it or feed the fish

Again, why physically exert yourself when you can just spend money to avoid it....

the jukebox tank was a little tacky ....
the proposal was cheesy too.

the phone booth is still my favourite setup

Another thing I noticed, not all their tanks have ph's in them... Thats gotta be some da#@ good filtration.i love the sheer size of the tanks though. "ok maam we have setup your 1000 g tank complete with 280g sump, you can put any aqquatic pet in here short of shamu and flipper"

Bubble_B0y said:
the jukebox tank was a little tacky ....
the proposal was cheesy too.

the phone booth is still my favourite setup

The phone booth was my favorite too! I agree, The proposal was REALLY CHEESY!

Those people paid 30grand for a qt. Crazy. I like to see all the cool setups. I wonder how that acrylic looks after a few years.

I'm totally over this show, I watched the last episode and was fast forwarding through all the staged drama and there is maybe 20 min of this show that even involves tanks. Being on animal planet and not to mention calling the show "tanked", you would think there would be more interaction with the tank process and less fake drama and really bad acting for that matter. I'm convinced that this show is not even about tanks and more about this family - who aren't even interesting to begin with.

Bige said:
Those people paid 30grand for a qt. Crazy. I like to see all the cool setups. I wonder how that acrylic looks after a few years.

Id imagine it gets pretty scratched up over the years.

I was really looking forward to not only seeing some amazing tanks but learning about them too.
I'll give them a few more chances to class up the show, but as is I won't waste my time with much more of it. After all the hype it's been a big disappointment so far. With all the bickering and nagging and backstabbing that goes on it's a wonder they even have a business. It seems like the only people that do any real work are the employees, like Redneck and maybe Wade sometimes, everyone else just hogs camera time and complains about the others.
Plus, what the heck does Wades romantic abilities have to do with tanks. I don't watch the show to see them have dinner, I don't care if or when they eat.
Show me Fish, not moronic people, PLEEEAAASEEE!!!

WendiDell said:
I was really looking forward to not only seeing some amazing tanks but learning about them too.
I'll give them a few more chances to class up the show, but as is I won't waste my time with much more of it. After all the hype it's been a big disappointment so far. With all the bickering and nagging and backstabbing that goes on it's a wonder they even have a business. It seems like the only people that do any real work are the employees, like Redneck and maybe Wade sometimes, everyone else just hogs camera time and complains about the others.
Plus, what the heck does Wades romantic abilities have to do with tanks. I don't watch the show to see them have dinner, I don't care if or when they eat.
Show me Fish, not moronic people, PLEEEAAASEEE!!!

I know, with all the time they spend on stupid staged stuff, they could make a whole other tank! I'd rather see that than a stupid date. But I gotta say the girl getting in the shark tank was pretty funny.

they are trying to drag the show for as many episodes as possible. So they limit the number of projects they show each week.

Back
Top Bottom