Anyone able to diagnose my Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck! What I would suggest you do now is to remove the carbon filter & toss it. Replace it with another type of nonchemical media such as filter foam, filter floss, bioballs, etc. Then start feeding your tank with an ammonia source (bottled amm, fish food, raw shrimp, etc). The med wont affect your good bacteria. After you are done treatment, do a big water change & remove the media to a container of conditioned water & run new carbon for a day to remove the med. Then replace with the old media. Continue to dose ammonia through out the process so your tank stays cycled. Also, take the time now to research fish you may be interested in stocking. I would skip another goldfish unless you plan on upgrading your tank in the next few months or less. :)

I'll tell you what... I got the lice-solve. Big foil pouch of powder. Somehow I have to work out 0.1gram of it to put in the water. Don't know how to start. I only have mechanical scales and they aren't that reliable! Thinking depending on size of the grains, I'll go with literally a couple of grains and then re-treat if that doesn't do it. Wish they'd make an easier method of dosing for aquariums as the 10gram pouch does 2500 litres!

Ok, I HATE math! Lets see... 2500l-10g. You have a 28l tank. To treat a 39l tank, you would need @.156 grams. As there are no fish, its ok to to add bit more meds than needed. Granted, Im comparing weight to liquid volume here but theres @4grams in 1 teaspoon if your using sugar to measure. A 1/4tsp would equal about 1 gram and you only need 1/2 of this. Your probably fine to add 1/4tsp (theres no fish) or just measure out half of 1/4tsp to be more exact. Just make sure the carbon is out. Not sure if this helps! :)

Also, I didn't see anyone say this, but an 7-8 Gallon (28L) tank isn't enough for a goldfish of any size.

Back
Top Bottom