anyone been to 'pets at home' in the uk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laur94x

Aquarium Advice Freak
My local pets at home has a tank containing 'assorted rams', has anyone seen these at their local store and can they tell me if they're bolivan rams or german blue? They're small so its hard to tell and I haven't got a picture. They're only about £3.99 each :s

I dont go to pets at home for my fish but i would assume they would have info on the tanks or are you saying that theyre mixed tanks with both?

I've been to pets at home. Some stores are better than others. All my fish have come from them, though they do tend to stock their fish in 'assorted' tanks. Sometimes not with the best companions. We didn't want golden gouramis but my husband bought them anyway to rescue them as they'd been fin-nipped to shreds. They are much happier with us. As to what the rams are in your store, you should go get a picture if you can.

Or ask. They usually have at least one member of staff who is really clued up on their fish.

My local pets at home store has better, healthier looking fish than all the fish stores near me lol. All their tanks there seem fine :) basically its a tank with only rams in. It, they all look the same But it says on the tank 'assorted rams', it does have other information but doesn't say whether they're bolivians or german blues x

I saw the same selection in my local pets at home and yes they have a label on the tank saying mixed rams, I didn't know what they were but they are not German blues as I have two, these were more of a creamy yellow colour

Yeah they don't look like german blues but I'm not sure they look like bolivians either lol, they're more yellow/cream like you say. I've never seen a bolivian ram in astore though, only online

I'm not knocking them by the way... The fish are in much better shape than the ones in my local dedicated aquatics shop. The one time I bought fish from them it came with fish lice which was a rather nasty surprise. I got all the fish for our 250 litre tropical tank from pets at home. :)

Yeah sorry I just realised my reply sounded like I was being really defensive lol, it wasn't meant in that way :) I've been to one pets at home which was pretty rubbish and didn't have very healthy looking fish but the one near me seems good so far :) and much more reasonable prices than some fish shops near me too

Back
Top Bottom