Anyone else's pleco do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabrielle1369

Aquarium Advice Newbie
He is eating flakes >.<I think it's really funny, he looks like he's dancing. We bought my step son this 20 gallon tank...he's got some guppies, 24 karat white clouds, a male Betta and this tiny juvenile pleco who we are baby sitting until he's large enough to go in a friend's 200 gallon. Since we've set it up, these fish have not failed to be weird and make us laugh; the Betta will sometimes school with the guppies.

Some plecos have a lot of personality. Never had one take flake from the surface though. What type of pleco is it?

I think he's a sailfin. He also is quite a swimmer, spending almost all day swimming with the guppies and feeding with them vs eating algae and what have you.

Used to have a sailfin, which grew quite large and had to be re-homed. But it mostly hid at the back of the tanks; in a cave when small, then behind the plants. Never showed a personality like yours. Must be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom