anyone experienced with clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a few questions about clownfish. I have 2 fancy occ clownfish I got yesterday just have questions about behavior and what not
Before anyone asks my water is fine, tank cycled ect :)

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Ph 8.2
79 degrees
Lfs said my alkalinity is perfect

I'll start with this question . Why do, my clownfish poke their heads out of the water? noticed it today. I have a 550gph and a 500 gph circulation pump and a 225 gph power filter with built in surface skimmer. In a 36 gallon bow front

How do I know if I have too much current

Last night they were in the corner on the surface on their sides sleeping. I added one of the pumps and the filter today. I have plenty of surface agitation will they be able to, sleep with a lot of current?

Any other tips or info would be greatly appreciated as well
:)

ForumRunner_20130130_223646.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_223659.jpg

They are like little puppies. They play, investigate, and very demanding. Lol. They sleep really odd positions and places. Thought mine was dead shortly after I got them. Found them toward the top of the tank. Almost upside down. They woke up when I put the fishnet in the tank. Scared the crap out of me. Lol. Anyway, don't worry about the current too much. It gives them exercise and keeps them from boredom. Just make sure you don't add any fish that are going to be too aggressive to them. They are pretty docile. Good community fish that get along well with them are the chromis and cardinals.

image-2486338773.jpg

image-3129388419.jpg

Attachments

• image-2478411526.jpg
    image-2478411526.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 150
They are like little puppies. They play, investigate, and very demanding. Lol. They sleep really odd positions and places. Thought mine was dead shortly after I got them. Found them toward the top of the tank. Almost upside down. They woke up when I put the fishnet in the tank. Scared the crap out of me. Lol. Anyway, don't worry about the current too much. It gives them exercise and keeps them from boredom. Just make sure you don't add any fish that are going to be too aggressive to them. They are pretty docile. Good community fish that get along well with them are the chromis and cardinals.

I am planning on
1 six line wrasse
2 spotted cardinals
1 orange spotted goby
1 citrinis clown goby
Maybe 2 firefish
Cleaner shrimp
Pistol shrimp

I have to watch out until I can make a lid for my aquarium. I really wanted to leave it open but some of those are jumpers

Definitely get the firefish. They really add charm to the tank. PVC is a quick getaway for small fish from the bigger fish. Lol.

Definitely get the firefish. They really add charm to the tank. PVC is a quick getaway for small fish from the bigger fish. Lol.

Lol good idea on the pipe. Yeah I gotta figure out what to do about a top. I don't want a plexiglas lid because I think I would be constantly having to clean salt off it :-(

They are not upside down tonight, they are in the middle of the tank up against each other swimming around in one spot. I'm assuming they can sleep like that

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get an egg crate light panel. Just cut it for the size of the tank. It's in the ceiling light section in the insulation/building dept. I have it on one of my tanks that I needed for my jumpers. It still gives plenty of light and oxygen exchange. You can customize the cut-out on top.

image-3799503601.jpg

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get an egg crate light panel. Just cut it for the size of the tank. It's in the ceiling light section in the insulation/building dept. I have it on one of my tanks that I needed for my jumpers. It still gives plenty of light and oxygen exchange. You can customize the cut-out on top.

I've been thinking of using that but I want sure if I could get it to gut right on my bow front

Thank you it was easier than I thought. The hardest part was having to drive an hour to find a hardware store that wasn't sold out

Back
Top Bottom