Anyone grow water sprite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had one plant for about two months and another for about a week. The older one never really seemed to go crazy like everyone claims. I use flourish comp and excel, root tabs, flourite and potassium supplements. Not seeing much new growth, except some algae like substance. It does seem to be growing root like strings of some branches. Any help would be great!

I've never grown water sprite but I've read about there are some do's and don'ts about growing and trimming. I just looked on Google and there are lots of articles and you tube videos on it. They should help you greatly. OS.

Water sprite is quite easy to grow. What type lighting and bulbs are you using? How long are you running lights daily?

I'm running T5 HO lights, just started to run for 8 hrs, to try get rid if algae on them. The bulbs are coralife 10,000 daylight and 6700 daylight. One plant has lots of algae on it, the other is doing better, but does have some browning leaves with some root structures coming from the branches.

Aerial roots are common and can be trimmed off if they bother you. Also cut lighting down to 6 hours daily to help combat algae. Up your Excel to 1ml for every 2 gallons of tank water and use daily. Metricide 14 day solution is much cheaper than Excel at approximately $20 a gallon. It is also 2x stronger than Excel.

Back
Top Bottom