Anyone had velvet in tank?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KelsiDaisi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey okay tank stats first.
30gal
2 Angel fish
10 rummy nose tetras
And 2 German rams
Newly cycled newly changed to live plants drift wood and a large drilled stone
All levels are good but my white Angel has a rosy/gold tinge is hanging out at the top of the tank and my other Angel has become agressive at her. She has a few tiny white dots on side fins and seems to try to get air from above water. I did have one rummy die it had a huge spot on its side almost looked like it for burned it was enlarged to, it died in a matter of a day....could this be velvet????

Was there a lot of flashing?

The rummy sounds like maybe water chemistry or bacterial but really guessing without pics and data.

Would you have water chemistry from a solution/vial test kit? Sometimes the water chemistry will get changed by the water company.

I have seen no running honestly that's why I'm confused. And I have a pick I can attach of the rummy its just hard to see. And I did a water test and everything is normal.... I only noticed because my Angel got super aggressive all the sudden and they normally are always together and fine with each other mind you shes coming of age soon too. My sick one is a white male and the mean one looks like a female atlest that what I get from trying to sex them. I do see weird dots on the water floating but I can't tell if it's just air bubble because they are all up at the top but they look like **** dots in the water to me.

It won't let me upload a photo.... But the dots in the water look like dust almost they also are all over glass walls of tank

Back
Top Bottom