Anyone have an Anemone crab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering, if there are any kind of crabs I could add, I would like to add a puffer and they don't seem to be too compatible w/inverts.....Righ now, I have 5 diff damsels, maroon clown, was think of anemone crab or decorator crab. I can build up my LR so the inverts can have a good hiding place...and suggestions?

Puffers + crabs = snack food.

I would also be wary with the blue devil damsel, they are quite beligerant. Otherwise, it will depend on which one you get, the green/purple or the white/purple. The green ones tend to be a little more reclusive and hide in crevaces/underhangs. The white ones usually stay out in the open more and prefer to inhabit LPS type corals or anemones. They are by far more commensal than the green ones.

Both are primarily filter feeders but will scavange as well.

Cheers
Steve

LOL! That's what I figured, thanks for the advice. I was just kina hoping the anemones would help protect the crab...

Actually depending on the species of puffer, it may also try sampling the anemone.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom