Anyone have an unfiltered tank/bowl at work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By no means my advice just posted the link for the one that asked.

I know man, wasn't trying to be snippy with you sir.. I just watched a ton of his vids one day and I was like..ok, dude knows his stuff.. than I get to one where he shows his tanks... welp, that's enough of that..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know man, wasn't trying to be snippy with you sir.. I just watched a ton of his vids one day and I was like..ok, dude knows his stuff.. than I get to one where he shows his tanks... welp, that's enough of that..

I don't see a problem with any of his tanks. They are perfectly suited for his fish. The aarowana is too big and will usually tear up most decorations or possibly injure itself on larger decor like driftwood. The rays do great in bare bottomed tanks without decorations. Both of those fish are very commonly kept in tanks just like those.

This doesn't answer the original question really, but I have a filtered and heated aquarium on my desk at work. I just upgraded because they said it was fine, but it was previously a Fluval Spec V with a single betta. You can hide the heater inside the filter compartment, and it was absolutely silent. I sit all day every day next to the tank, and I could only hear the filter hum if I put my head right against the tank.

I don't see a problem with any of his tanks. They are perfectly suited for his fish. The aarowana is too big and will usually tear up most decorations or possibly injure itself on larger decor like driftwood. The rays do great in bare bottomed tanks without decorations. Both of those fish are very commonly kept in tanks just like those.

Technically..i guess they're ok.. you want one in your living room? That arrowana would give me nightmares. .

My concern with an Unheated tank at work, is that on the weekends, many companies turn the building heat down or off.

So I guess it depends where you work, and how cold it gets, whether even Shrimp would survive without heat.

My Shrimp are unheated, but my room stays at 72•F with the house set at 68•F

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This doesn't answer the original question really, but I have a filtered and heated aquarium on my desk at work. I just upgraded because they said it was fine, but it was previously a Fluval Spec V with a single betta. You can hide the heater inside the filter compartment, and it was absolutely silent. I sit all day every day next to the tank, and I could only hear the filter hum if I put my head right against the tank.

Is the issue using electric because fluval has a great little tank that is silent.
Just add a small heater or heating pad under it and your good to go for a betta
Fluval Spec Desktop Aquarium Kits | Desktop & Nano Aquariums

I answered the same on the 1st page....My spec I had a 7w heater in the filter area but took it out because just the pump motor on low would maintain 78 deg with the air set to 68.

I agree. He has some good info but just like everything else on the web you gotta use common sense. No worries on the snippy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I felt guilty about the betas in the vases on my window cill......I put 1 in my 5 gallon fluval spec tank with tank mates of a dwarf gourami and 3 tetras ..... The other in my 10 gallon qt tank with a cory cat...... Hope the betas don't beat the crap out of any of them. I considered putting 1 in my 75 discus tank..... But idk how that would go

Joefish...

?

Id watch the gourami and betta tho...very closely related. May end bad for the betta.

You could always divide the 10 into 2 5 gallons...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420992330.718187.jpg

Gourami is pretty Mello . He had a incident with a arowanna that left him blind in 1 eye.... Kind of humbled him. It was a ire watching the arowanna swim around with the gourami almost his same size in his mouth .... He wouldn't let go that easy.
Talk about feeling bad?

Back
Top Bottom