Anyone in Springfield ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in Amherst! I've been to school of fish a few times. It's a big place for this area!

There's a little place in greenfield called animal crackers, which is where I usually go. They are pretty small though. Other than that nothing I know of that's close. :(

There's a little place in greenfield called animal crackers, which is where I usually go. They are pretty small though. Other than that nothing I know of that's close. :(

Hey have you of a place called fish frenzy?

From what I know they use to be in Ludlow but moved to chicopee.

Have you checked them out yet?

They still have a place in ludlow as far as I know. Possibly opening a second shop? My dad stops in at ludlow often. Its a very unorganized store but the owner is incredibly knowledgeable

Wow that sounds great, never heard of them but I will have to check it out!

They still have a place in ludlow as far as I know. Possibly opening a second shop? My dad stops in at ludlow often. Its a very unorganized store but the owner is incredibly knowledgeable

Hello Marty!

The only time I went the owner said he was moving the store to chicopee to have more space. The store was really disorganized but he said it was because he was packing everything up lol. He seemed like a great guy though. :fish2:

I went to Fish Frenzy and the tanks were dirty, store packed with stuff, disorganized, cramped, moldy, - I would take another look if he moved to chicopee, but I won't go back there..... I like places that take care of their stuff !!!!!

I agree with all of you about fish frenzy. It is not a place to go just to look but rather you have to go there knowing exactly what you want before you get there. The owner is also very good at answering questions about your tank, if you can't fond answers on here haha! But I never go there just to look. Ill ask about chicopee on Wednesday when I make my rounds to the lfs haha

I agree with all of you about fish frenzy. It is not a place to go just to look but rather you have to go there knowing exactly what you want before you get there. The owner is also very good at answering questions about your tank, if you can't fond answers on here haha! But I never go there just to look. Ill ask about chicopee on Wednesday when I make my rounds to the lfs haha

Hey there all!

I made a stop by Fish frenzy on Wednesday.

He is still there, and when I asked about his move to Chicopee he said it fell through!

The store is still disorganized but his corals seemed better than some of the pieces I have seen at School of Fish.

The frags were larger and some of the fisher were cheaper too. :brows:

The owner was very helpful with questions though... and I pelted him with quite a few about his coral stock

How about prices on coral frags? I am almost full in my tank but always am looking for more

How about prices on coral frags? I am almost full in my tank but always am looking for more

That is the one question i didnt ask lol!

I have a $30 dollar store credit to use that I am looking to use this weekend.

I will let you know when i go back.

He had two or three large tanks full.

He said he buys alot of them from a customer of his.

How many and what kinds do you have?

I have a zoa frag, a frogspawn (both you can see in the other thread), a yellow finger gorgonian, a mushroom frag, a colony of Xenia and a trumpet frag. I just bought a clam last weekend too and yeah let me know

My clownfish were hiding but this is my tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130314_225412.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130314_225412.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 65
My clownfish were hiding but this is my tank

Very nice... I love your rock formation!

I have a kenya tree, two types of zoas, a daisy coral , a hammer coral, and a green star polyp. Everything but the kenya tree anf hammer coral are relatively small frags. I am hoping they will spread out a bit soon.

My kenya tree has definitely started to grow :cool:

Cool! I really like green star polyps and im definitely trying to find a cheap enough frag of one for me to grab. And thanks!

Cool! I really like green star polyps and im definitely trying to find a cheap enough frag of one for me to grab. And thanks!

They still have some 5.99 frags of the green star polyps at school of fish. I was just there today and they had those and a few new frags too.

Might be worth a look.... i will also be checking out fish frenzy tomorrow as well. I will keep you posted on the pricing.

Hey did you hear fish frenzy was just recently robbed?

No disrespect to anyone involved but how would you rob aa fish store?? Lol that's awful though. I am in the cape for the week but hopefully they have some when I get back.

No disrespect to anyone involved but how would you rob aa fish store?? Lol that's awful though. I am in the cape for the week but hopefully they have some when I get back.

So I went back to Fish frenzy today. I felt so bad for the owner because he seemed pretty nervous when people kept coming in the store. At one point i told him to go ahead and do what he needed to do and that I would wait for him to come back!

The prices on the frags depend on what he paid for them. Some were as little as 10.... while others were 18+.

He did have some green and also some red/pink star polyps though.

Back
Top Bottom