Anyone interested in Malaysian Trumpet Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Voodoo Chilli

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Due to recent threads (and possible interest) regarding Malaysian Trumpets, I've cranked up the feeding for the MTS in my Java moss tank and am curious if anyone is interested in getting some? I've discussed shipping methods with Bernie and Dino, and have come up with a method of shipping that should be both reliable and inexpensive. If anyone's interested, feel free to email me for details.:)

How much for the trumpet snails, how much for shipping?

I live in Georgia zip code 30116. How much are you charging for them and how much is shipping? Please let me know, they sound interesting.

do they reproduce like crazy? I was thinking about getting a snail or two, but I don't want them going nuts in my tank.

My tanks are alive with these buggers as well.....although I don't mind! They don't harm my plants at all, and all they do is dig through your substrate and keep it aireated. And they feed on dead plant matter, which comes back out underneath your gravel (1/2 inch underneath gravel surface I mean), creating natural ferts! (That's how I look at it anyway). And you don't see them allot, I only found out about them by looking at my tank at night and seeing Unidentified Crawling Objects.

They're harmless, but they will reproduce like crazy if you overfeed your fish, or if you have other 'natural' (dead leaves from plants) food sources.

And I got these snails for free, they hitched a ride on one of my plants and are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom