Anyone keep or know anything about Gulper Catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RWaltman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, I'm thinkin' of gettin one and for going the whole salt water tank currently...anyone familiar with gulper cats? or even know where to get them?

how big is your tank? they call them gulper cats for a reason they eat everything. lol

haha yeah I know how big they get I have a tank ready....55 gallon for him and him alone...will fit him for his entire life...grows to about a foot, maybe a bit smaller...recommended space is a 40 gallon...they are not a real "active" species in terms of needing swim space, anyways...any ideas? shark aquarium has them I think...

I have done much reaserch on these fish do to the fact i REALLY want 1 but i don't have the space at the moment. As Mgamer said they will eat everything. You should keep them in a species tank as they make it were they can not eat each other. When they swallow there prey they use the force of the fish when it is trying to get away to get it farther in its mouth. When they try to eat each other they will fill up with air like a puffer fish and stay completely calm so the other gulper catfish can use that essential ability to get the fish further in his mouth. (hope that made since).

Personally i want a couple but i do not have the space.

Back
Top Bottom