Anyone know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It seems to like to hang out in my maiden's hair, I took it out because I didn't know if it was something that would damage the maiden's hair.

It has a slug like body with like spines

This is the best pic I could get sorry. Ok, I got a better pic of it, it has decided to float to the top of the cup, it is still alive, seems to play possum. I don't want to put something harmful back in my tank, what would you do?

Well, it could be a nudibrach, what king...I don't know. But I'll be darned if it doesn't look like a shrimp the way it's layed out in that pic........

I'm not sure if that would be a nudibranch, looks like a slug of some type, i would keep it out of your tank, for it might eat your coral! 8O

Well it's no longer around, we put it in our fish only tank and as it was floating down our blenny thought it was food, poor thing ended up getting half eaten but was still seen moving around the tank. Weird. Thanks! I see you are local too, where do you get your fish? We've gone to Petown a lot, infact that's where we've gotten our live rock, very happy with it. :fadein:

The leather is doing beautifully since the clown has started to host it I've never seen it so full. The critter what ever it was is now in our sons 5 gallon long with live rock, there aren't any corals in there. The critter was mainly hanging out in our Maiden's hair which would explain why it hadn't looked as full lately, but is doing great and is amazing how fast a new batch grows on the rock, fortunately it hasn't spread to the other rocks.

I had come across that site earlier, couldn't find anything that looked like it, thanks!

The leather is doing beautifully since the clown has started to host it I've never seen it so full

My guess would be the clown evicted the nudi, and that is why you found it in the maidens hair :wink:

Yep, you are probably right, there is one on www.Marinedepotlive.com that looked a lot like it, but it didn't have the white, but shape and everything exactly the same, but it says that type is an apisastia nudibranch, who knows it's out.

Back
Top Bottom