Anyone seen the new angel rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stoneydee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at my fav LFS last weekend, and the owner called me over to one of his FW tanks, and asked me if I'd seen his new angel rams. I thought I hadn't heard him correctly, but sure enough - he had six 3/4 inch blue rams with angel fins. I asked him if he had crossbreeding going on in his tanks, but he keeps the angels and rams separate. He said no, he'd ordered them like that.

Any of you guys seen these? Are they genectically engineered, or just a "whoops" some one decided to cash in on, or what? I mean, rams and angels are both cichlids, I guess, but I'd have never considered this one if I hadn't seen it.

I wonder if these are the same rams that Allivymar saw in her LFS? I have seen none, but I have not been to the LFS in weeks ( 8O ) with all of my household projects going on. I am living vicariously through all of you, as I think Madasafish put it! :wink:

Naw, diff guys. Basically the "angel rams" are german rams with longer then usual fins. I saw a pic of em recently, if I can find the link I'll post it later.

Oh I have seen those. They just call them long-finned rams here. They look the same but, obviously, with longer fins- :D

LOL Thats the pic I was looking for trenac; didn't realise you posted on FishInThe.Net too!

Allivymar...Glad I could help. It is funny that the picture you was looking for was mine. I post on several different forums.

Back
Top Bottom