Anyone tried the CPR Bak Pak II Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one
It works OK but not the best
There are better skimmers out there for a little bit more $$

I liked the idea that these had bio-filtering as well .. What is your recommendation?

After a month or two I removed the biobale and let the LR do all the bio filtration. It becomes a good place to put your heater. If I were to do it again I would get the Aqua C Remora based on the positive reviews I have read.

CPR

I am new to this also. I was also interested in the cpr product. If you are going to have LR there is no need for the bio-bale. It was recommended to me to spend a little more to get better results. I am going with a DSB and LR with a CPR refugium with a built in protein skimmer. Good luck !!

I have one and for the $ it seems to do the job. I have a FOWLR setup and still use the biobale. Along with my canister filter it gets the job done on my 75gal. Admittedly my tank is heavily stocked and I have had no issues. LFS is having a sale I am considering picking up a 2nd one and dumping the canister. Overall I have been happy with it.

I too like mine, in fact it replaced the pile-of-junk Prizm skimmer I started with. I ordered the bak-pak 2R because I didn't want the bio bale. I have plenty of live rock, and a couple of easy corals, so I wanted to elminate excess nitrates from the bale.

They work nice. Although the remora is a better skimmer the Bak Pak will do a good job. I would do the IIR though as the biobale collects gunk real fast!

Back
Top Bottom