anyone want duckweed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I harvest over a cup a week of duckweed out of my female betta tank, Normally I just dump it into my FW 29gal because my Rosy Barbs just DEVOUR the stuff.

But if anyone wants a starter bit to get their own Duckweed Mania going, I'd be willing to sell some.

Heck, just cover the cost of shipping and materials and you can have some.

Just to reinforce what I said earlier, I don't plan on wiping out all my duckweed, I'm just offering the cup or so a week I get when I cull the herd, so to speak.

It will be next weekend by the time I'll be ready to harvest another load, if Roger wants it, its his since he came first.

the weekend after that, would be you Hypo, if you so decide to take it.

So, after another order or two, it'd be to far in the future to really continue requesting from me..

I thought my PM had gone first and you just hadn't noticed it, that's all. I put up the remark because of that, not because I thought you wanted to ship two.

My last post wasn't directed at you, Hypo, atleast not until the part telling you it'd be a awhile before I could mail to you ;)

Very sorry, It seems the duckweed heard my plans to sell it, and has since stopped growing. I mean, COMPLETELY stopped.

I guess it didn't like my idea to sell it.. :(

I'll post again if it grows back in sufficient quantity to sell..

I'm really, really.. really sorry.. :(

I was waiting for Rogers reply to a PM before I offered my recently replenished stock again, cause he had dibs on it previously and it has grown back with a vengance

Sorry, I didn't get back to you right away. I was trying to see if I had a place for it, but I don't yet, so feel free to give it up. Thanks for holding it for me though.

Man, I worked hard to get rid of mine. It grew to the point it covered the top of the tank in no time.

Bearfan said:
Man, I worked hard to get rid of mine. It grew to the point it covered the top of the tank in no time.

I know, its great!

Perfect nitrate sink, and once it gets to be to much, I either offer it here... or dump it in my 29FW and let my Rosy Barbs munch on it.

By the way, most aquarium stores that I know sell duckweed for pennies. I think I paid 59c for a 1/2 cup worth.

Back
Top Bottom