Apex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ive been looking at the apex controller im not for sure if I should get the jr or lite, I dont need the dispay bc ill beable to do it on my phone or computer. But a couple questions may be kind of stupid but Idk much about it. will I beable to add more outlets if I get the jr idk if 4 will be enough? Should I go with the lite with 8 outlets? Some more idk questions what does it mean by you can add so many moduels? Thanks

edwardclaxton said:
Ive been looking at the apex controller im not for sure if I should get the jr or lite, I dont need the dispay bc ill beable to do it on my phone or computer. But a couple questions may be kind of stupid but Idk much about it. will I beable to add more outlets if I get the jr idk if 4 will be enough? Should I go with the lite with 8 outlets? Some more idk questions what does it mean by you can add so many moduels? Thanks

Well i dont have the apex, i have a reefkeeper but i may be able to help with a few questions.

In my opinion you will want the 8 outlets. Usually lighting takes up 2 as many fixturs have mutiple power cords, and heater tanks 1. So that 3 right there. Other things you may need outlets for include ATO, uv sterilizer, reactors, pumps etc.

Modules monitor or control certain aspects like probes(temp,ph, salinty), moon lighting, additional outlet modules etc. the different models have limits number of modules that can be added. This might be of concern depending how many outlets you need and what other modules you may want. Or if you had multiple tanks that you would be controlling that would need a large number of modules.

Im pretty sure you can get more outlets for the jr, but im not 100%, i would have to check it out, maybe someone else here knows.

I have the jr version and added a power bar that has 8 outlets. It plugs directly into the main control module. You can control all 12 outlets from computer or phone. Main problem for me is I am an idiot when it comes to computers so I struggled to get it running

Ok thanks for helping with the moduels question, and letting me know that I can connect another energy bar to the jr.

Back
Top Bottom