API ammo-lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will it stop or delay a cycle? Has anybody used it successfully? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm new to this, but was curious and checked API website. It says, Ammo lock will convert ammonia into non-toxic form and will be removed only by the biological filter. If this is true, then it should not affect the cycle. I hope someone with real experience can chip in.

No it won't stop a cycle.

However, if your ammonia is to the level where you need ammonia lock, then it's time to do some water changes.

Also, prime has the same properties and costs a tiny fraction of what the ammonia lock costs.

No it won't stop a cycle.

However, if your ammonia is to the level where you need ammonia lock, then it's time to do some water changes.

Also, prime has the same properties and costs a tiny fraction of what the ammonia lock costs.

Good to know. Thanks. I've been struggling to get my daughter's tank to cycle. I will try Prime.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Used ammo lock for a mini cycle. No issues with cycling (although I was expecting it to be a little slower).

Now I have a jar of seachem safe (prime in powdered form) which will last 10 years and provides no excuse to go to the fish shop..

Back
Top Bottom