Api leaf zone question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kwilliams174

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!
In new to the forum and have a question about a fertilizer I was given. I recently was given a 36 gallon bowfront aquarium with tons of fish stuff that came out of a storage unit. There was a bottle of Api leaf zone but it was frozen so my question is is it still good or should I throw it out. Thanks!

I would verify with the manufacturer if the freezing has altered the product in any way and being that it has been in storage there is also the question of shelf life. For me personally I would go by the saying, "when in doubt throw it out.". It really comes down to the heath and safety of the fish and plants. Why take a risk of using a product that could possibly jeopardize any of your aquarium's inhabitants.

Ty for the response. I actually just contacted the manufacturer and I am waiting for a response back. I definatley don't want to hurt my fish as far a shelf life of the product its still good the items were not in the storage unit long I checked on that already. Thanks again!

Your welcome. Please update when you get a response from API, curious about what they will say.

Interested as well. Off the top of my head it's just potassium and iron ferts - did it seperate out into different colours or anything?

Got a reply from the manufacturer today !

Thank you for contacting API. Yes, as long as the product thaws out naturally it is safe to use. We do stability testing to ensure the quality and efficacy of our products as they are shipped worldwide and encounter a variety of temperatures.

Let me know if our have any questions!

Thank you,

Kayla*
Consumer Relations Technician
MARS*Fishcare
50 E Hamilton St

Chalfont, PA 18914
T:*800.847.0659

Delapool. No the product was a yellowish color which I'm told is a normal color.

Back
Top Bottom