Api Leaf Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont yet because ive only got like the normal amount of algae as i would anyother tank.
I thought that if you have more plants its harder for algae to grow?

Excuse me if I'm wrong. But I can't get your photo to pull up on my phone. Recollection is that you have only a small amount of plants that is far from heavily planted. Plus your tank has only been up a month. My bet if you tested your tank you would find you haven't finished cycling yet. It took about 3-4 months for it to really hit my 55. And if I slack on the carbon it comes back quick.

I dont yet because ive only got like the normal amount of algae as i would anyother tank.
I thought that if you have more plants its harder for algae to grow?

You have to have a significant amount of plants, where you only few a couple, and with such high lighting you need to be dosing macro and micro ferts and be using CO2 to give plants what they need to be able to grow in such a high light enviornment and outcompete algae. There is no balance in that tank(light, ferts, and CO2) and it's just a matter of time an algae will take off.

What bulbs do you have in there? I have the same tank with light and that just uses a standard screw in bulb. You may not be using the right spectrum light bulb

So rivercats do you think i could hook up a co2 system to help?
And i just have these for bulbs..

Attachments

• image-392245363.jpg
    image-392245363.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 60
Get the bulbs suggested by Andrew and with the small amount of plants you have you really don't need CO2 IMO. All you'd need is something in ferts like Seachem Comprehensive and possibly API Leaf Zone to add potassium and iron. Now if you want to put alot of plants in the tank then CO2 would be okay.

Il look into the bulbs suggested, i had originally just put what i had laying around the house in the hood.

Il look into the bulbs suggested, i had originally just put what i had laying around the house in the hood.

I got the bulbs at the grocery store but you can get them online as well. It comes in like 3 different watts I'd go for the smaller ones and you still may only need to run one bulb and not two at a time.

Back
Top Bottom