API master test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adobe1234

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A few questions about the API master test kit:
1) Do you put the tube directly against the white part of card or close to but not touching the card? (I started wondering about this when my nitrates looked like 0 when not touching vs. 5 when touching).

2) I've watched YouTube video demonstrations of this kit, and nobody seems to wear gloves. The warning about genetic defects for the nitrate #2 reagent is especially disturbing to me. The warnings for the NH3 reagents are not quite as scary. Anyhow, I use disposable latex gloves while using, but don't know if this is overkill.

I find it easiest to read if I do a combination of placing the vial over the white part and over the color coded area as well. That way it's easy to see whichever color blends in the closest.

As for warnings on the bottles. You'll find many things in our hobby have warnings associated with them. I don't think it's over kill for you to wear gloves. I never do but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom