api test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steviebetta

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have completed a fish less cycle and added my betta on saturday. He seems happy, making bubble nests :).
My api test kit arrived today as I was using test strips before.
My tests came back as follows.
Ph 6.6
Ammonia 0.50ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
As far as I am aware all ok apart from ammonia.
I have since done a 25% water change.
I'm a newbie so any advice would be much appreciated :) thank you

I had the tank cycling for about 3 weeks with no fish just a plant. What kind of amount should I see?

Yeah I added some fish flakes at the start but only once. What kind of readings am I looking for?

Yeah I added some fish flakes at the start but only once. What kind of readings am I looking for?

Your looking for 0ppm ammonia 0ppm nitrites and a 5-15ppm nitrates what size tank is it one time adding wouldn't sustain enough ammonia for 3 weeks

Its a 10g tank. It was my first time using the kit like I said so could maybe have read it wrong?? Will do another test tomorrow and get back to you with another test result. Thanks for the input. I've got a lot to learn yet :)

Its a 10g tank. It was my first time using the kit like I said so could maybe have read it wrong?? Will do another test tomorrow and get back to you with another test result. Thanks for the input. I've got a lot to learn yet :)

Its all good we all start somewhere I'm still learning lots of different things about this hobby all the time, so to the point it looks like you may have a fishin cycle going now
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/fishin-cycling-step-dark-side/

Here is a link I hope this helps

Yeah and its fascinating. I never realised how much goes into keeping fish. I already know I'll be hooked lol. Thanks man. Some night time reading for me :)

Back
Top Bottom