Api test results. Ammonia is it yellow or green.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just tested my water after a 40% water change and filter clean. I can't seem to read whether this ammonia reading is 0 or 0.25.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418601187776.jpg
    1418601187776.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 160
If it looks yellow then I would say it is O From the picture it looks yellow to me.

It looks yellow to me as well. It sometimes helps to check your readings in natural sunlight as artificial light can alter one's perception of 'yellow' and make the tube appear to have a green tint. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It was yellow when held away from the colour chart up in the light. Looked like had a green tint when placed on the colourchart

Big dog when did you join the forum and why are you hiding in the coldwater section?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just tested my water after a 40% water change and filter clean. I can't seem to read whether this ammonia reading is 0 or 0.25.

Looks mighty yeller to me. As in 0ppm.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you test your water after using dechlorinator it makes a false positive. Only test before water change or 24 hours after :)

If you are unsure then it's probably green. Best thing to do is get some bottled water and test that. You will see what 0ppm colour is and compare it to yours :)

Cheers guys I'll do the bottled water test. However last time I tested it looked very much yellow and my nitrates are down to between 10-20.

Back
Top Bottom