Apisto diet ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Venom_

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two apistogramma viejita in my tank they have been in there for almost 2 weeks and are doing excellent. I feed them frozen brine shrimp, NLS small fish formula and Hikari bottom feeder wafers. How often should I feed these foods and what else should I feed them?

well i feed mine the NLS daily of course. and maybe once a week i would feed them a mix of brine shrimp, blood worms, and cyclops since they are in a community tank.

I can't get mine to eat any flake or pellet food and I've tried a number of times. They eat all live/frozen foods. I'll rotate between Brine Shrimp, frozen spirulina brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, cyclops and rotifers and on every 7th day they get daphnia as it helps clear out the digestive system.

I feed mine omega one flake, frozen hikari- bloodworm, brine shrimp, daphnia.. I fast them Sunday after feeding daphnia Saturday.. Like above poster stated it's always good to keep pipes clean;) my panduros love the flake, the cac's will eat one flake for every 5 they spit out.. Bloodworms are far and away the fav but I only feed them once a week (usually fri) because they can cause intestinal issues (constipation and rot gut)

Thanks for the replies guys! Seems like they will like bloodworms so Ill be picking some up ".

Just be careful not to feed them to often or overfeed them as they have been known to cause problems within fish. Not to scare you or that it's a bad food, just one to be used in moderation.

Back
Top Bottom