Apisto owners, maybe you can help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its possible that she is simply uninterested and telling him so.....just because you have two fish of opposite genders does not mean you have a 'pair'...these two may simply be incompatible...I have seen it before.

yea, maybe - which stinks. maybe I should put her in the the other tanks with the triple red.. i don't know.

This is why it is always good to get multiples of each...let them find their own mates. You could try her with the triple red, but if she is a normal, the fry will not be particularly pretty compared to their sire.

Yeah, I would love to be able to get 2-3 females at a time, but the only LFS that carries the species, only sells them as pairs. And I want to avoid having more than one or two males in the same tank.. I will eventually have a males together , but I will make sure to move around the hiding spots before..

maybe you should inform the owner of the LFS that most cichlids are polyamerious so selling them in pairs are a bad idea..

Back
Top Bottom