Apisto Species and sex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MapleNeil

Aquarium Advice Regular
Please can you identify what species of apistogramma and male or female?

Attachments

• 20210218_070805.jpg
    20210218_070805.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 23
They are a lot of fun to watch. They can be aggressive though, I had to move my cories to another tank because the male was harassing them.

Also in order to make them happier I added tons of leaves and driftwood and used peat to add tannins, and now I can't see them very well. Maybe they are happier but not as much fun for me with all their hiding places :D

They are a lot of fun to watch. They can be aggressive though, I had to move my cories to another tank because the male was harassing them.
Haha! Ok, cool. Thanks for the tips. I have a 36g bow front soon to be empty. I'm thinking I want to put a pair of apistos in there and maybe 6 top swimmers

I have a 29high with apistos and golden killifish and some tetras. That is working out really well. The killifish mostly stay at the top and the apistos as the bottom and they seem to get along.

I have a 29high with apistos and golden killifish and some tetras. That is working out really well. The killifish mostly stay at the top and the apistos as the bottom and they seem to get along.
Oh OK cool. That's what I read, is that they don't like other bottom dwellers. I have a 20h with 2 julidochromis and 4 platys. They do pretty good, cuz the platys stay at the top. Julies are a little more aggressive than apistogramma i think

Back
Top Bottom