Apontogen Gems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dallascowboys16

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so the guys at the local fish store said that he had something cool that I might like for my 55 gallon planted tank. He said it was an apontogen gem. It was $12 and it looks pretty cool. Here's what it looks like:

Any advice on growing it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 87
Can you take a pic of it out of the bag? Most Aponogetons are easy to grow. Some will have a die back and dormant period while others don't. I also give mine root tabs when I use them.

What would you consider it? Delicate or hardy? I have mid to high light with glut (going pressurized after Christmas) and dry ferts. Should it thrive? Also does it go dormant occasionally as well?

What would you consider it? Delicate or hardy? I have mid to high light with glut (going pressurized after Christmas) and dry ferts. Should it thrive? Also does it go dormant occasionally as well?

IMO they are hardy but can't say about the dormant period if it has one. If suddenly after months of good growth it goes into decline don't worry and just leave it alone. Some people remove them from the water and store than like reg plant bulbs for a garden but I've always just left them alone and down the road they start regrowing. It will do fine in your light with glut or CO2.

Back
Top Bottom