Appistos or A Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a 20gallon planted. I'm planning on giving away the Mountain minnows and getting a pair of gold rams. The MMs aren't doing so hot in my warm water. They breed, but I think the temperature is too high for the sperm or something.

I'd go with the Rams as well. There are so many cool apistos out there, it's a shame they aren't more common in the hobby.

I just bought a pair of Gold Rams for 26 dollars, free shipping and also they are wild-type. Yay aquabid! Hey, HN1 can you give me breeding tips? My LFS has Rams, but they sell for 25 bucks a pop and they are always looking for new strains cheap. (hoping to get at least one good spawn to pay for the fish lol)

Crepe- Fatten them up, grow them out, clean water, good food (FD blood & black worms are great)... When they color up to breeding colors, you'll know. Do a large, cool water change in the evening and you'll likely have eggs the next morning. That starts the fun / frustrating part. :)

What's in the tank with them? Any egg-eaters?

Wild-Type - if they are close (just a couple generations) to wild caught, you probably won't have any trouble breeding them ;)

And yes, I would suggest either a divider or a separate tank if you are focused on breeding rather than enjoying them in a community.

Just neons and otos. I have lots of extra equipment and food-grade tubs for separate housing if need be.

Just remember... Until it is photographically recorded and posted, it never happened... ;)

Alright, alright. don't sorry haha. I asked the provider specifically for a proven pair. Let's hope he follows through.

Back
Top Bottom