Apple snails and mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone tell me the differences between apple and mystery snails? I ordered both. Thanks

Mystery snails are herbivore. They grow to the size of a golf ball. They come in a wider variety of colors. They can be kept in a community tank with plants.
Apple snails grow to the size of a large apple ( around 12" in circumference ). They are omnivores and will eat almost anything. They will eat live plants. They are usually not sold in lfs. They are a lot rarer than mystery snails.

Also, you need to know about what we are calling the Apple Snail, Pomacea canaliculata, for purposes of differentiation from the mystery snail. It is an invasive species. Be careful not to inadvertently release it. Also be very careful if you have babies and want to ship them across state lines.

Applesnail

Also, you need to know about what we are calling the Apple Snail, Pomacea canaliculata, for purposes of differentiation from the mystery snail. It is an invasive species. Be careful not to inadvertently release it. Also be very careful if you have babies and want to ship them across state lines.

Applesnail

I knw. My apple snails are pomacea maculata.

Back
Top Bottom