Aptaisia or anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a monster!! Thought I had a big one. WOW! You can make a paste from kalkwasser and a bit of water. Make a little ball and "feed" it to him. He will eat it and kill itself from the inside out.

That thing is a beast, and has to go!

Good luck!!!!!

I wouldn't mind but he was never any smaller he came on the rock that size were would I get that is it available in Ireland? Is it to big for lemon juice ? He grabs any Amphipods goin by and eats them hes a monster haha

Mr x I no but I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad one cause it looked a bit like a curly q I had seen in a shop but I didn't no the name of curly q's at the time

AwfulArabella said:
Mr x I no but I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad one cause it looked a bit like a curly q I had seen in a shop but I didn't no the name of curly q's at the time

I was wrong when I said curly q because the first pic wasn't clear. But I knew it wasn't curly q after you posted more because all curly q anemones have stripes on each tentacle.

See I didn't no that I just knew I seen an anemone that looked a lot like what I have except it was about the size of my hand so I just wondered weather they were the same thanks :)

I went to my Lfs today just for u looked at curly q and apitasia it def apitasia yes I realize I'm a little late on the post but I'm postn it anyway

It's never to late haha thank you :) I still haven't got rid of him need to find a needle for the lemon juice... This is gonna sound so stupid but does it matter what kind? Should I squeeze it myself from fresh lemons or just buy diluteable lemon juice ?

I'm still new to this stuff so that I don't know didn't know lemon juice would kill it I would say it doesn't matter it prolly just the acid in the juice that kills it but I'll look around and get back to u in a few min.

Im new to it to its good though you learn something new every day haha I just cant get over the size of this aptasia cause I had aptasias in my big tank and my file fish sorted them out but they were not that big and this aptasia just shot out the minut I put the live rock in the tank ...and do you no of can sting me ? I no it can sting fish

Found a answer for ya yes use fresh lemon juice the plastic bottle stuff has preservatives and other bad stuff in it and only load 1 or 2 drops of juice for each one your killing and in that small amount of juice it won't hurt your tank

Thanks your so good now I just have to get the needle to do it what about if there's little aptasia in the tank like teeny tiny ones would I stil inject them aswel?

It said just do t do a hundred at a time and one guy said it might give u a tiny ill irrational and another said it won't hurt u but just b careful anyway I would try and avoid touching it if it was me

Spudsy69 said:
It said just do t do a hundred at a time and one guy said it might give u a tiny ill irrational and another said it won't hurt u but just b careful anyway I would try and avoid touching it if it was me

Dont and other is irritation

I dunno if I'll get at it with a needle without it touching me the tentacles are crazy long and if it gets a chance it grabs anything walking by it does I'll try distract it with krill and jab it while it eats cause he uses all his tentacles when you feed him

Whats the problem with Aptaisias? Why Its a plague and the advice is always to kill them???

Cause they can hurt your fish and kill other corals don't get me wrong they are lovely and interesting to watch but I don't want it hurting my baby frog fish

Thought I'd keep everyone posted on my Godzilla aptasia here's some new pics in the last 3 days he's gotten bigger :O

Attachments

• image-4265560297.jpg
    image-4265560297.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-703090910.jpg
    image-703090910.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1876675230.jpg
    image-1876675230.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 64
Don't worry about getting stung, if anything, you might get a little skin irritation.
Also, one of the main reasons for getting rid of them is that they spread very quickly, and pretty soon you have a tank full of Aptasia, that sting your fish and coral.
Inject any that you see. The "monster" may take a couple tries!
Peppermint shrimp are a good natural predator of them, but they can be hit or miss. I had 4 or 5, and my 2 peppermints cleaned them up in a few days time. They usually only work on small-medium ones, though. The shrimp are a good way to stay clear of them, especially when introducing new live rock. Any that spring up, the shrimp find them, and take care of them before they can be a problem.
Best of luck Arabella.

Back
Top Bottom