AquaC EV-Series Protein Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhostKnife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone here use or know anything about the AquaC EV-Series Protein Skimmers? I need to get a skimmer and am thinking about this one. I guess its either this or an octopus. Thoughts or suggestions?

That's a good skimmer. Quite a bit more expensive than an Octo tho. If this is for your 75, the NW200 is more than enough skimmer and is under $200.

I got one on my 155g reef. Love it. Spend the extra few bucks for the JG speed fitting. I have the 180 with a Mag 7 drive. Very efficient IMO

If I have no need for it now can I just not use it and the skimmer still work? I dont see myself hooking up a Ca Reactor anytime soon.

Me neither, but for the xtra 10 bucks or so(seems like it was only a little bit) it was good to know I could if I ever WANTED to. :)

So as of now you arent using it... Does it just remain open or how does that work? If it isnt being used I mean. Is there a plug to block the opening?

They are good skimmers or at least used to be great skimmers. From what I have read they need an oversized pump and some finagling in order to get dialed-in and produce.

Oh really I want something that is pretty much ready to go out of the box... I dont mind dialing in but it its going to be complicated I would rather go for something more all round. For instance if the aqua c needs finagling and is a great skimmer. I would rather get something that is a good skimmer and does not require doing alot of work with. I dont know. What do you use innovator?

I would go with one of the more mainstreams such as an Octopus Extreme, Vertex, Euroreef...there's so many options out there it is maddening and they all have their little nuances. I'm sure the AquaC's perform well with a larger pump and dialed in correctly.

Back
Top Bottom