AquaClear 50 Footprint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackSpadesSI

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to upgrade from a Marineland Penguin 150 to an AquaClear 50 on my Marineland 20-gallon high aquarium. However, before I buy the new filter, I need to make sure it will in the lid cut-out on my tank.

Could anyone please provide the footprint measurements for the AquaClear 50 HOB filter?

Thanks!

4x9x8. Pull stuff up on amazon if you need dimensions--they're pretty good about putting them on there. :)

If you have a hacksaw or a utility knife you can cut the lid really easily

I'd rather not saw into my lid. I don't consider this to be an option.

4x9x8. Pull stuff up on amazon if you need dimensions--they're pretty good about putting them on there. :)

I saw that, actually, but I assumed that was the dimensions of the box that the filter comes in. Granted, that's somewhat useful, but I'd rather know the actual measurements of the filter, if possible.

JackSpadesSI said:
I'd rather not saw into my lid. I don't consider this to be an option.

I saw that, actually, but I assumed that was the dimensions of the box that the filter comes in. Granted, that's somewhat useful, but I'd rather know the actual measurements of the filter, if possible.

Just giving an option many many many people have done it

Not according to the measurements of my Aqueon 55/75. However, Aqueon boxes if very tightly, so it may add a 1/4 inch tops to the dimensions. You can also stop by the pet store and unbox a filter and compare it to a hood--that's what I wound up doing since I got full dimensions from amazon but it didn't tell me how big the area that actually overhung the tank was. Which I should have thought of before--my apologies. I use Versa glass tops, so had to make sure it fit in the area left by the vinyl back since cutting the glass wasn't happening.

I have an AquaClear 50, just measured it for you.

It's 7" wide, about 4.5" deep (back to front) and about 7" high (including intake tube going into the tank).

Back
Top Bottom