Aquaclear 70

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to buy an aquaclear 70 for my 30 gallon tank today, and I was wondering if there is anything I should do with it before it enters the tank?

My tank has been set up for a little over 2 months with community fish and was half full for about 1 month before that, with just a pleco.

The current setup on the tank is a powerhead with an underwater filter attachment. I think the powerhead creates to hard of a flow (betta and rams) for the 30 gallon and I dont really like the underwater filter. Will my fish be ok with me taking out the underwater filter with them in the tank? Also, should i put the aquaclear in before or after I have taken out the underwater filter?

Any answers???
Drew

I'd recommend to run them in tandem for awhile to allow your new HOB to seed. Once that has had time to happen, as long as the gravel isn't too dirty the fish should be ok while you remove the UGF.

Is it an undergravel filter or a powerhead with a sponge filter?

If it's the UGF, run them in tandem for a month or so. If it's a sponge filter attachment, leave the carbon out of the AC and put the sponge in it's place.

Back
Top Bottom