Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
You actually found one!! I;ve been looking for about 3 months now! LOL

Did you get a barnacle cluster for him? UI hear thtas where they spend the majority of their time. I didn't want a swimming around kinda fish, justone that pops out on occasion. hehe

Just got the shell he was living and a couple extra shells til I find a barnacle ,wasn't sure about aquacon shipping to Pennsylvania or would have bought one from them

yeah, I'm still a little iffy getting stuff from them but this is my last shot with them. If I get screwed over this time they are officially banned even if the price is right. I;ve been waiting for notification from liveaquaria and a few other sites for when it comes into stock but it's been months and those other sites start at $30 a piece for them. So I figured I;d gamble yet again. I did ask specifically if anything I ordered this time has no guarantee or only the 2 hour guarantee and was told definitely not. OS I;m hoping they all arrive alive and well.

carey said:
I'm currently not running carbon in my 125g. I seem to have thriving corals so far but I do intend on getting a reactor at some point as I LIKE carbon. Call me a fool but I think it helps. LOL

This was the first direct evidence that I have a toxin war going on actively and some of the softies (not all of them) are directly affected without carbon knocking the levels down. This same Colt coral has died back from basketball sized twice. It was a mystery until now. I blamed it on everything. But I now have a super stable reef, so it has to be something specific that the Colt, or the green finger don't like. Everything else, including other softies are fine.

I got mine at reefcleaners but I just checked and they are out of them right now. They were really cheap so you could always email John over there and ask if he has any coming up for sale.

foster and smith used to sell them but Ijust checked and nothing is coming up. :-(

I woudl just drop an email to john though, he's very cool. they carry medium clusters for like $7 and larger ones for like $12 or so.

Heres the smaller one

img_1514609_0_3c513bd68026f2732042cd39b553410a.jpg

Carey do you know where they're located at in fl and if you can go buy directly from the warehouse? I wouldnt mind driving there to take a look at what they have if it's close enough

They are in ft launderdale I think.

And good link for the clusters, I was habving hard time finding them lol

Just got my delivery and everything arrived alive and healthy so far. The red emerald crab is so tiny! But really cute. The mushrooms are ok, just gotta wait for the to open up.

The barnacle blenny is alive and in his accliamtion bucket. He's about an inch long. :)

Will follow up with pictures at some point today. As soon as the blenny is ready I have to go look at a new 55g tank I found on CL. :)

Busy busy day for me today! Since I have to go to orlando for the tank I may do some fish and coral shopping while I'm out there.

Keep your fingers crossed for the blenny, he's only guaranteed for 2 days. lol they also sent me some free airline tubing I guess for acclimation, that I thought was a nice touch.

They may have redeemed themselves in my eyes, but we shall see....

Thebarnacle blenny is doing just fine still as are the clowns I ordered. BUT the blue mushroom I got literally distingrated overnight, theres nothing left of it nut a tiny mush pile. And the orange ricordea i oredered is half the size of a dime and doesnt look too good.

SOOOO, no more corals or inverts from these guys. The fish seem like good deals so I may in the future purchase again but I'm in no rush.

Kinda stinks that they have a huge selection of corals and everything else but the fish are the only decent items to get from them.

Lesson learned, not overly upset but none too happy either.

carey said:
Thebarnacle blenny is doing just fine still as are the clowns I ordered. BUT the blue mushroom I got literally distingrated overnight, theres nothing left of it nut a tiny mush pile. And the orange ricordea i oredered is half the size of a dime and doesnt look too good.

SOOOO, no more corals or inverts from these guys. The fish seem like good deals so I may in the future purchase again but I'm in no rush.

Kinda stinks that they have a huge selection of corals and everything else but the fish are the only decent items to get from them.

Lesson learned, not overly upset but none too happy either.

The same thing happened to my 2 mushrooms in my new tank. I transferred a mushroom from my biocube, and it disintegrated. I thought must've been a bad mushroom so I bought another one and the same thing.

I hate to say it, but something does not seem right. If both shrooms are showing stress, I would review my system, not necessarily blame the supplier.

So I'm sorry I am kinda stealing this thread, but how did everyone who had problems with aquaCON resolve their issues? I've sent 2 emails, no response, and called, but they were "busy."

I got an email 3 days later after a weekend stating that inverts weren't covered by the 2 day guarantee and that I sent my doa emial almost 2 hours late. So no satisfaction there.

My second order my blue mushroom melted within 2 days and the ricordia looks like garbage, I didn't even bother this time.

I will say their pre shipment customer service is excellent and thjeir packaging too. All the fish I ordered from them are fine and happy so the lesson I learned is if I MUST have a special fish only they have I would order again. Just not anything else.

I just traded a big frag of waving hand coral for 5 various SPS frags and it cost me $30 out of pocket at my LFS. No shipping. Sometimes the local guy is the best supplier. No more Internet fish/coral purchases for me unless I get to know the company first. They are happy because my coral was locally grown and so was the coral I got.

I asked at my LFS and apparently without a fragging license they can't accept frags for money or trade. Makes me wanna take whatever fragging class I have to. lol

Good deal for you! I also prefer my local lfs but for some things, like my barnacle blenny, I was waiting 2 months for him to find one so I had to jump on it. And the same with the clowns, I got 2 for less than what one would cost at my lfs and so far my fish are good.

My next purchase online will probably be liveaquaria or petsolutions again. Both come highly rated and have that 2 week guarantee which is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom