Aquaculture coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westiferus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is there anywhere out there that sells aquacultured Red Sea Fan Coral (Gorgonia)? Any good places that sell lots of aquacultured fish and corals? I've been going to liveaquaria.com, but I know there are lots of species that can be aquacultured that aren't sold here. Anybody know of a list of all the species that can be aquacultured?

Not a direct list westiferus, but the www.garf.org website will have the most info and articles for you on aquaculture. That is what they do... Good reference for species and such. Not sure myself about where to buy it all, but its a start!

Just for a tip, Most aquacultured coral isn't aquacultured at all. Since starting into the business myself I was shocked to see most aquacultured stations simply harvest Large coral colonies/heads and move them to a coral farm and break them up unto smaller peices. After they encrust they sell them as aquacultured. Now institutions like garf are true aquaculturists. They offer 3rd and even 4th generation aquacultured specimens. Even if you have to start with a small frag of something, if aquaculture is for your peice of mind then judge the source accordingly.

R-

Back
Top Bottom