Angel doesnt mind sharing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

af2018

Aquarium Advice Regular
The competing black mollies were purchased at the same time from the same tank maybe that has something to do with these successful lasting relationships.

I think it’s so cool how chill this fish is though.

Attachments

• IMG_6555.jpeg
    IMG_6555.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6557.jpeg
    IMG_6557.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6581.jpeg
    IMG_6581.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6582.jpeg
    IMG_6582.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6583.jpeg
    IMG_6583.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6584.jpeg
    IMG_6584.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6585.jpeg
    IMG_6585.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 6
For what it's worth, the Angel is " chill" because there are no other Angels in the tank. Put another 1 in and you will see a very different attitude. Put in another 6 and you will see yet another attitude. The specie has changed a lot since it's domestication so if you were to have a wild Angel, you would see a very different fish as a single. The Angel also gets to eat any Molly or Platy fry so that may also have something to do with it's attitude. ;) :unsure:

Yea I was going to just randomly add an angel but after I did the actual research I just gave the other one away. Didn’t even want to see if it might work.
Also 2 of the pregnant mollies are looking a little smaller. They’ve had that weird spot on their private area 😂 and slowly getting smaller and since I see no babies im assuming she’s definitely at least helping eat them 😂

Yea I was going to just randomly add an angel but after I did the actual research I just gave the other one away. Didn’t even want to see if it might work.
Also 2 of the pregnant mollies are looking a little smaller. They’ve had that weird spot on their private area 😂 and slowly getting smaller and since I see no babies im assuming she’s definitely at least helping eat them 😂
I've bred over 400 pairs of Angels with 5 of them being wild caught fish. ( When I started with Angels in the 60s, I was getting either wilds or 1 or 2 generations from wild.) They are very different fish from the domesticated ones. They ( wild caughts) are not for smaller tanks.

Back
Top Bottom