Aquaricare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks more like a sales pitch to me !! like the eco system which has it pros and cons as well

s your aquarium equipment
slowly poisoning the aquarium
animals you are trying to keep alive?

Answer #1

The answer is YES if you are
using a Bacterial Filter!

In case you are not sure what a "Bacterial Filter" is, examples include Undergravel Filters, "Hang-On" Power Filters, Rotating Bacterial Wheels, Canister Filters, Wet/Dry Filters, Fluidized-Bed Filters, "Berlin" or Live-Rock Systems, and most other filter systems typically sold by Pet Shops.

8O :? 8O

Personally, I stay away from someone who will not give any information, without requesting information from you first.... If it is such a great system, why not publicly display it so that people could see what they sell?

No business from me..

Actually I contacted them because I was interested in their top-off system. With the sale they have right now, you can get their system for under $100.00. This includes a slim holding tank (will fit in my stand) pressure rated float valve with Jaco speed fitting, and a small circulation pump. When I got the pitch for all of the other stuff, I figured let me find out if anyone has any hard experience with them on their system.

I am not proceeding with anything else at this point, just the topper. Thanks for the feedback all. 8)

let us know your thoughts on that auto topper when you get it. and how their service is. 100 bucks for the auto topper could be a reasonable investment for many.

Will do. However, they are backed up (so they say) and shipping will take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. But when I get it I will definitely give some feedback on it. I had researched the Tsunami, but this is basically just a pressure switch only. I have enough pressure from my RO/DI output to feed a container located by my tank, so what appealed to me was the size of the reservoir (approx. 12"x12"x41/2") and the fact that it was already fitted out with float and pump. The auto fill feature works on the principle of pressure differential so this will only work well I think with a sump set up. If all goes as planned, the reservoir will keep automatically filled up and will maintain the sump level automatically without involving any pumping etc. Seeing that the water evap rate is low, this should work out well. 8)

Back
Top Bottom